Watch this video or read the text below to learn about child lists in Herdly.
On the computer you can see additional information associated with an animal by opening a child list. To do this, click the Child List button in the Animal List window and choose the child list you want to open. When it opens, the window will be divided in two with the main list at the top and the newly opened child list at the bottom. Each time you select a different animal in the main list, that animal's associated information will be shown in the child list. If you select multiple animals, the associated information for all the selected animals will be shown in the child list.
For example, let's say you wanted to look at a cow's calves. You would select the cow and then click Child List and select Show Calves. The child list would open and you would see a list of the cow's calves.
While a child list is open, you can do many of the same things with it as you can with the main list. It has its own set of buttons just above the list so you can filter, change the view, perform actions, etc. Actions on child lists are important as this is often the place to edit something. For example, to edit a preg check event, you would open the preg check child list, find the event and then use the Edit Pregnancy Check event to make your changes. Most child lists also allow you to delete the associated information.
To close a child list, use the button in the child list button row on the far left (circled in red in the image below). You can also click the Child List button and choose the Hide... option.
See Filters to learn how to filter a child list. See Changing the View to learn how to change a child list view. Likewise for Actions, Printing, Exporting Data, and Utilities.
When you create a workspace, if a child list is open the workspace will remember the view and filter of the child list as well. See Workspaces for more information.
List of Child Lists
The following is a list of child lists that are available:
- Calves. Shows a list of the selected animal's calves. Most of the actions available in the main animal list are also available in the calves child list.
- Move History. Shows a list of locations the selected animal has been in and when they were moved into each location. Available actions let you edit or delete a movement.
- Groups. Shows a list of groups the animal is currently in. There are no actions for this child list.
- Notes. Shows a list of notes that have been added to the selected animal. Available actions allow editing and deleting notes.
- Owners. Shows a list of the animal's owners. The available action allows you to edit the ownership of the animal.
- Attribute History. Shows a list of all attribute (weight, hip height, scores, etc.) changes that have been recorded during an animal's life. Available actions allow editing or deleting a measurement. Note that some measurements come directly from other parts of Herdly such as the birth or weaning weight. These measurements cannot be edited in this child list. Instead, use the Edit Animal action.
- Diagnosis Events. Shows a list of diagnoses events for the selected animal. Available actions allow editing or deleting the diagnosis as well as adding a treatment to the diagnosis.
- Treatment Events. Shows a list of treatments associated with the animal. Available actions allow editing or deleting a treatment event.
- Drug Events. Shows a list of all drug events associated with the animal, including drug events that were part of a treatment event. Available actions allow editing or deleting drug events. You can edit a drug event that was part of a treatment event, but the action will warn you in this situation.
- Exposure Events. Shows a list of all the exposure events associated with the animal. Available actions allow editing or deleting exposure events.
- Mating Events. Shows a list of all the mating events associated with the animal. Available actions allow editing or deleting mating events.
- Pregnancy Check Events. Shows a list of all preg check events associated with the animal. Available actions allow editing or deleting a preg check event.
- CCIA Events. Shows a list of all CCIA events that have been created for the animal. Available actions allow inspecting an event, submitting an event, and deleting an event.