New Treatment Event Action
Watch this video to get a brief overview of the New Treatment Event action. The text below goes into more detail.
This action is used to record another treatment after an animal has been diagnosed.
Starting the Action
This action can be used on both computers and mobile devices. To learn how to start an action, please see Actions.
First select the animal to be treated. Then you can start this action. It will only be available if exactly one animal is selected and if the animal is in treatment.
Importantly, this event will not be available here in the rare situation where the animal is being treated for two diagnoses at the same time since Herdly will not know which one you want to treat. In that case you must use the Diagnosis Events child list on a computer, select the diagnosis you want to add an event for, and then use the New Treatment Event action from the child list.
On mobile devices, the New Treatment Event action is found under the Events tool bar item.
All of this action's fields are listed below. If any are required to have a value, that is noted. If there is any special information about the field that you need to know for this action, it is also noted. More general information about all of the fields can be found in the Field Descriptions topic.
- Diagnosis. You will be reminded of the diagnosis being treated for in this section, but there are no fields to enter.
- Make This the Last Treatment. If this is the last treatment, make sure to indicate that with this field.
- Weight. You can record the weight of the animal when treated if you want.
- Temperature. You can record the temperature of the animal when treated if you want.
- Lung Score. You can record the lung score of the animal when treated if you want.
- Drugs. You can record any number of drugs administered during the treatment here. Or you can leave this section blank if no drugs were administered. Tap the + button to add another drug. The following fields pertain to each drug you entered.
- Drug. Required. You can choose from your ranch-chosen drugs, but you can always choose from all available drugs as well. On a computer, use the ... button to do this. On a mobile device, use the control that switches between ranch only and all drugs.
- Route. Required. After you've chosen a drug, the possible administration routes for that drug will be available in this field and the first one will automatically be selected. You can change it if you need to.
- Location. You can record the administration location here, if you want.
- Dosage. Required.
- Cost. Herdly automatically calculates the cost of administering this drug each time you change the drug or dosage. This is based on the drug pricing you current have set up in Drugs. You can manually recalculate using the Recalculate button or manually enter a value.
- Treatment Note.
- Treatment Photo.
When you have finished filling in the fields in this action, use the Save button to save your information.
If you make a mistake in this event, use the Treatment Events child list on the computer to edit or delete the treatment. On a mobile device, you can edit or delete it by using the edit button next to the treatment in the Animal History action.